Sugar Mill then Timber mill
In 1980 Buderim’s second sugar mill was established on this site. it closed in 1895 and in 19xx the buildings were adapted for a timber mill which closed in.
This is the site of the second sugar mill on Buderim, which commenced in 1980 and operated until 1895, when the price of sugar declined and made processing at Buderim unviable.
The buildings were reused as a timber mill which operated from xxxxx to xxxx.
South Sea Islanders and Aboriginal people worked in both the sugar cane and timber industries at this site, now Buderim Central Shopping Village.
Image: Campbell’s mill c1885 timber mill, looking south towards the manager, JK Burnett’s house – now Pioneer Cottage.
Source: Sunshine Coast Regional Council